I’ve been living low carb and loving it since the end of 2008.
Due to my low carbohydrate eating, I’ve not only lost more weight than I ever imagined I could and am still losing (I had gained enough to look like a beach ball with legs after a stroke in 2001) – but I’ve experienced even greater benefits.
The weight loss is pretty phenomenal in itself, but what is even more exciting is that eating a low carb diet has helped me make tremendous progress in my quest to improve my health.
Learning about the benefits of a low carbohydrate diet, and successfully implementing low carb eating into my lifestyle, I am now experiencing:
- Blood sugar levels decreasing and becoming more stable;
- Cholesterol levels dropping to a healthy range;
- More energy;
- Complications of long-term diabetes (such as worsening eyesight) greatly slowing down and even improving;
- Happiness because I’ve finally learned how I can effectively handle my body and I’m succeeding at it!
Doing something that is effective…
Knowing that I can do something effective to greatly improve my health and energy and am doing it is one of the main reasons that I’m living low carb and loving it.
When anyone asks me, “Do low carbohydrate diets work?” I can very honestly tell them that they do.
As far as diets go, on a low carbohydrate diet you have the freedom of:
- NO calorie counting. Low carbohydrate has nothing to do with “low calorie” which is an ineffective method of weight loss. Calorie restriction usually does more harm than good to your overall health for several reasons.
- NO “low fat” restrictions – in fact, the myth that “fat is fattening” is blown apart when you find that you can eat real butter, bacon, cheese, nuts and food traditionally considered taboo on low-calorie diets – and you lose weight!
- Enjoy physical activity and exercise for the health-enhancing benefits, not “calorie-burning” and at a realistic level for YOU.
Start your journey now…
If you are interested in losing weight and improving your health by eating low carb and loving it, the first step is to get a complete understanding of what carbohydrates are.
You can take this first step by reading this article about carbohydrates in food and what carbohydrates are.
You can actually start your journey of losing weight and improving your health right this second by simply cutting down on your carbohydrate consumption, especially sugary processed food and drinks.
I know people that have improved their health and lost weight just by cutting down on carbohydrates, not even following a specific low carb eating plan.
Wouldn’t it be great to say “I’m living low carb and loving it” with a huge smile on your face and the happiness and satisfaction that comes from solving a problem?
More about Low Carb diets…
Do low carbohydrate diets for diabetics work? Is it safe to follow a low carb diet if you have diabetes?
After a lifetime of struggling with weight AND Type 1 diabetes, learning about the effects of low carbohydrate diets on health – and then evolving my diet to a low carb approach, I am finally succeeding in my weight loss and health improvement efforts! Yee ha!!